CLASH OF TITANS: BARCELONA vs MADRID

Spanish sports daily AS has given this impressive photo shot with the title "A classic for the geniuses", the game starts at tonight 22.00 (Sp Time).
This game will be televised across the globe to more the a billion spectators.
Last update is the Real´s midfielder Guti has recovered from an injury scare & that - its a rumour - Real´s Captain Raul will play from the start taking the place of French star Zidane.
Now I enjoy Raul , but give me Zidane anytime before the Real Captian. It would be foolish , in my opinion, to do this as Raul is in very poor form & Zidane is such a crack player that he can decide the game in one touch or one pass. I think it´s time that "the untouchables" let be known that if your not 100% you don´t play. Having said all this , it maybe just a tactic or a false rumour thrown at the rival to put them off. Its all fair in love & "football war" .
Strikers Tip is a Draw ( see this weeks tips below )

Obviously folks this game eclipses all other games. There is another intense DERBY between Betis & Seville, always an intense & passionate match. Betis needs to win to stay out of the relegation zone!!! & Seville aims to enter the Euro Cup qualifying zone!!!, therefore there is a lot in play.
Striker will keep you informed of results .

2 comments:

T said...

Hi Striker, this is T from EliteFootballTalk.

Thanks for the kind comments you made about our site, and I'm going to highlight your quality site to our readers.

My sense for tonight's match is that Barca should have too much attacking power for Madrid and win by a margin of two goals.

Barca may want to save some effort for the Benfica match coming up on Tuesday... but with the Nou Camp crowd getting behind the team and a global audience expecting high quality football I can't see Barca not giving less than 100 per cent.

As for the Raul/Zidane debate- I must say that in the two legs against Arsenal I thought Zidane looked quite laboured and was showing his age. On the other hand, I was impressed by Raul's desire in the Highbury match and personally would give him a start ahead of Zidane if it came down to a choice between the two.

That said, I rate your opinion as someone who watches more Spanish football than me so if you like Zidane over Raul I definitely have respect that.

Lets hope for a great football match tonight!

Anonymous said...

Thanks T:
have linked to my page as well.

You comments are true.

A few points that lead me to my opinion:
1. Raul is in terrible form ( compared to what we are accustomed to.
2. Raul inclusion unbalances tactically the side ...who do you leave out ...Robinho? Baptista? Cicinho? Ronaldo?.Remember that lately his playing not as a true forward but as an attacking midfielder...No man´s land for him.
Perhaps the bad player signings under Florentino has put Raul in this situation. Real has players it originally did not need eg Cassano.
3. This has been proved with Real returning to form last week with a 4-0 win , without Raul. It played like a team , balanced & confident.
Is it a conincident that Real playing problems have reappeared with the return of Raul after injury?

Lastly, Raul can prove me wrong. I hope so, because his pedigree is unquestionable, statistically his Spain´s best ever player & he still has 5-6 years left in him. There is no better stage as a BCN vs MAD clash to show us all that he is a CHAMPION, Champions are made , embedded in football history in these occasions. I wish the best for Raul if he plays, its testing time.

Lastly , keep on commenting & building the football community.
Cheers
STRIKER

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...