Following this logic, Messi scored 73 goals, while Cristiano Ronaldo scored 60 goals last season. With the 10.5 million€ Messi earns from FC Barcelona & the 10 million€ that Cristiano Ronaldo earns from Real Madrid, the results give ratios of 143,835€/goal & 166,666€/goal respectively.
The Messi & Ronaldo ratio results is almost three times less than, for example, Wayne Rooney the Manchester United striker, who played 43 games for his Club and scored 34 goals. This implies that for each goal it cost Manchester United 405,882€ (his salary is 13.8 million€ /year). With this comparison & given that Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo are the most frequent players who scored more than one goal per game they turn out to show that they are not as expensive as they initially may seem.
In the SPANISH FOOTBALL case , Valencia CF striker ROBERTO SOLDADO is the most profitable.
The most profitable goal scoring players in Spanish Football are:
- Roberto Soldado: (Valencia CF): Earns 2.6 million€ & scored 27 goals last year (92,296€/ goal).
- Falcao: (At. Madrid) : The Colombian scored 36 goals last season & earned 4 million€ (111, 111 euros / goal).
- Fran Llorente: (At Bilbao) : A total of 29 goals & earns 3.5 million€ (120,689€ / goal).
- Lionel Messi: ( FC Barcelona) : The Argentine scored a total of 73 goals & earns 10.5 million€ (143,835€ / goal).
- Alvaro Negredo: (Sevilla FC ) Scored 14 goals & earns 2.2 million€ (157,142€/ goal).
- Cristiano Ronaldo : (Real Madrid CF) Scored 60 goals earned 10 million€ (166,666€ / goal).
- Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid CF) : Scored 26 goals & earns 4.5 million€ (173,076€ / goal).
- Karim Benzema: (Real Madrid CF): Scored 32 goals & earns six million€ (187,500€ /goal).