VIDEO | HOW AMERICAN TV PROMOTES EL CLASICO - FC BARECLONA vs. REAL MADRID

This is how American TV Sports Channel ESPN promotes the big Spanish League - Liga Round 13 clash next Monday between FC BARCELONA - REAL MADRID, locally termed "El Clasico":



Not bad at all except ( my opinion) the too obvious stereotype use of the Spanish dance  "Flamenco". However I won´t be too harsh on them as we here would have used a giant Hot Dog or a Hamburger to promote the Superbowl. I hope not too many Americans tune in thinking they are about to witness a real full on Flamenco event :O)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its more about watching a dance or performance that El Clasico is to real futbol fans. Zapatero compared Barca to watching a chess game, I think ESPN is comparing it to watching art.

STRIKER said...

Could well be...no problem. From this side of the Atlantic it has a stereotype undertone that calls your attention.

Could have been worst... imagine a bullfighter, I prefer Flamenco over the Bullfighter..

Cheers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...