|Spain Football Team lifts 2010 World Cup|
Interesting - a bit dated - article in "Futebol Finance" about the revenue generating powers of the SPANISH NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM. The figures were pre- FIFA World Cup Champions status, so we can suppose that the figures are currently higher now that they are Nº1. Here is a summary
- 17 contracts signed (includes Brand, Full Team & Individual best players) with the Spanish Football Federation - Estimated income generated is around 27M€ (2009-2010)
- Main “member” sponsors pay 3M€ /advert = 17.5M€ (includes outdoor presence, trips, tickets…)
- Official sponsors (x3) = 4.5M€ (outdoor presence in training grounds, tickets…)
- 9 Collaborating companies = 4.5M€
- Spanish Football Federation charges 2-3M€ per Friendly game
Perhaps a "shorter" version of this track could replace the National Anthem before kick-off :O) Enjoy!