Tonight the Real Madrid President announced officially to a packed press conference what everyone expected, the "sacking" of Coach Ancelotti.
The expectations & the requirements from the biggest Football Club in the World could not permit a season without any titles, it was a disaster & the Club needs a new push in a new direction. At least these are the main reasons that President Florentino Perez put forward in the press conference, adding that he had personally communicated the Clubs decision to the Italian earlier this afternoon. But both parties, through representatives knew of the substitution last week & Coach Ancelotti said goodbye to his players last Saturday after the Getafe Liga match.
Carlo Ancelotti proved to be a true gentleman & was appreciated by his players all of which attempted in various manners to pressure the Club into turning around the decision & keeping him one more season. But the Club Directive team was firm & insiders added that a culmination of other reasons caused the decision:
- Ancelotti was not firm enough with his players,
- Too many defensive mistakes, especially in the aerial area,
- Lack of reaction in critical moments of play, that is, poor use of substitutions,
- Not taking advantage of all the players - squad available,
- Ending the season with players physically exhausted,
- too many injuries: 15 important ones in total compared to 1 in Barça.
Either way President Florentino gave a hint saying a Spanish speaking Coach would be good, thus narrowing things to either Benitez or Emery. Said this anything is possible & we could be surprised, thus best wait & see the official announcement.
Back to Ancelotti, the Italian plans to take a year off, but AC Milan Directive Galliani is currently in Madrid to attempt to convince the Coach to take over Milan next season.
From Spanish Football Sports, thanks Carlo Ancelotti for your 2 seasons in Spanish Football. Hope to see you back in the future.