Atletico de Madrid hosted FC Barcelona & lost 0 - 1 giving the visitors the 3 points which mathematically hands the Liga Title 2014-2015 to Barça. The loss however puts at risk the prized Champions League third position (straight into the competition) for At Madrid with Valencia CF just 3 points away.
The winner & the Liga Championship goal came in the 65 th min when Messi scored taking his personal tally to 41 goals this season. Barça had more occasions but failed to convert with near misses & goalie Olbak doing his part.
Congratulations to FC Barcelona, deserved Spanish Liga Champions being superior over this long season.
RCD Espanyol hosted Real Madrid & lost 1 - 4. With Barça winning their match the Liga title door shut firmly for Real Madrid with todays victory securing them 2º place. The "positive" news was the HAT-TRICK from Cristiano Ronaldo taking his season's goal tally to 45 goals & putting him on course for another "Pichichi" & "European Golden Boot Award".
Keylor Navas played today & put in a terrible big mistake which allowed the only Espanyol goal. The goalkeeping position debate continues at the Club while the speculation of Manchester United goalie David De Gea arriving next season increases.
The goals fell in the following order:
- Cristiano Ronaldo 58th, 1 - 0
- Stuani 74th min, 1 - 1
- Marcelo 79th min, 1 - 2
- Cristiano Ronaldo 83rd min, 1 - 3
- Cristiano Ronaldo 90th min, 1 - 4
Valencia CF came back to get a 1 - 1 draw against Celta de Vigo. The draw for Valencia keeps alive the chance of grabbing the 3rd place on the Liga ladder off Atletico de Madrid with one last game left for season.
The goals came from Pablo Hernandez in the 7th min for Celta, while Otamendi scored for Valencia CF in the 71st min.
REST OF RESULTS:
- Getafe 1 (Hinestroza 32) - Eibar 1 (Borja 35). Eibar currently in the relegation zone & must win next week to stay alive in Liga next season.
- Deportivo A Coruña 2 (Lopo, Juanfran) - Levante 0. Deportivo MUST win next week to avoid relegation.
- Real Sociedad 0 - Granada 3 (El-Arabi, Ibañez, Rochina). A win from Granada next week will save them.
- Villarreal 2 (Moreno x 2) - Malaga FC 1 (Darder).
- Cordoba 1 (Luso) - Rayo Vallecano 2 (Baena, Embarba).Cordoba already relegated.
- Sevilla FC 2 (Iborra x 2) - Almeria 1 (Thievy). Sevilla still keeps open the door of getting the Champions League 4th place if Valencia CF lose next week, while Almeria is "virtually" relegated as their fate is no longer in their hands. Almeria depends on the results of others.
- Elche 2 (Jonathas x 2 ) - Athletic Club Bilbao 2 ( Aketxe, San Jose)