Although no one will officially acknowledge that Atletico is scouting the market, there are currently two areas that will need reinforcements. They are the left-back position & the midfield. The current left-backs, Siquiera & Ansaldi, are not exactly what Coach Simeone has in mind, while the midfield has the veterans - Gabi & Tiago - & will need an injection of youth.
Apparently Atletico de Madrid is hard at work looking at candidates according to Spanish Sports paper "Marca". There are three names on a "possible" list:
- Felipe Luis, ex Atletico & now at Chelsea FC, where the Brazilian has not fitted in & is not playing as desired,
- Alex Sandro (Porto), 23 year old Brazilian promise,
- Layvin Kurzawa (Monaco), 22 year old French promise.
In the midfield area, according to "El Confidencial" , Atletico has set their eyes on two Malaga FC players:
- Ignacio Camacho, 24 year old ex-Atletico de Madrid who has matured into a Spanish International after leaving the club that raised him "Sports-wise" 5 years ago,
- Samu Castillejo, 20 year old who has "exploded" onto the Spanish Football scene showing great maturity & Football for a player of his age.