weeks ago the Club was steaming ahead for titles & record breaking events, & their Coach Luis Enrique was the correct man to Captain the ship, today there is doubt, unease & Coach Luis Enrique is questioned. So what happened? What is going on?
- there is a "riff" between Football Director Zubizarreta & Coach Luis Enrique. The former does not understand the line-ups & team on-field attitude, while the latter reminds the former that he has not the players he asked for pre-season,
- there is a "situation" between Coach Luis Enrique & defender Gerard Pique. This is a political power play situation that could have serious consequences if not managed right. The defender had issues with Guardiola, & his off field profile does not help while his current form is below expected. All this has both “trains” on a collision course,
- dressing room conversations have been filtered to the press. The "informer" comments that the players do not understand their Coach on-field set up, that they went into the Real Madrid Liga match unprepared & that Luis Enrique does not speak to his squad. The news published in "AS" says that the players believe that their Coach may have a personal grudge with some players,
- Luis Suarez starting in the line-ups has upset some, his spot leaves out players like Pedro & young sensation Munir loved by fans. Some believe Suarez has not the form or physical rhythm to be a starter. Added to this the Ratikic today, Xavi tomorrow line-ups has some bewildered,
- some see - Club Directives - the hard hand attitude from Luis Enrique as counter-productive, while others think that his authority was discredited after he asked Messi to be substituted & Messi told him no, he continued to play forcing Luis Enrique to change plans,