Here is an extract from the Forbes article:
"Real Madrid is now worth $3.4 billion, according to my math, $100 million more than we valued the Spanish soccer team in April. The boost in RM’s value secures its spot as the most valuable sports team in the world for now, although Manchester United are right behind them".
|REAL MADRID TEAM PHOTO 2013|
The second & third most valuable Sports Teams are both Football Clubs, the second being English giant Manchester United & third Spanish Football Club FC Barcelona.
Here is the list of Sporting Clubs according to "Forbes":
1. Real Madrid 3.4 Billion US$
2. Manchester United 3.165 Billion
3. FC Barcelona 2.6 B (estimated)
4. New England Patriots 1.63 B
5. Los Angeles Dodgers 1.61 B
6. Washington Red Skins 1.6 B
7. New York Giants 1.46 B
8. Arsenal FC 1.3 B