Apart, the announcement by DAVID VILLA that he has failed to get to his playing peak physically after breaking his tibia bone, opens the door to a lucky player, but also puts a strain on Del Bosque & Spain which loses a vital element of the squad.
In a nutshell, SPAIN has an excess of forwards & candidates eligible be part of the SPANISH FOOTBALL Team for the upcoming EURO NATIONS CHAMPIONSHIPS:
- Fernando Llorente ( Athletic Bilbao ) - not in the below photo, but looks a certain for one of the spots
- Pedro (FC Barcelona ) - World Champ in South Africa but will need a "blinder" performance in this Fridays Spanish Cup Final. Slim.
- Fernando Torres (Chelsea FC) - surprisingly called up after winning his Champions League medal.
- Roberto Soldado ( Valencia FC ) - started strong in the Liga but went to less as the season came to its end. Scored 4 goals for Spain in his debut & last friendly International match.
- Alvaro Negredo ( Sevilla FC ) - in form but an unknown element.
- Adrian ( At.Madrid) - top season with Atletico, full Spanish International in lower ranks, is well placed.
- Muniain ( At.Bilbao) - young promise who has been called up for the U/21 Squad which may indicate not this time.
|Spanish Football Players|
In any case, May the 27th is "D-Day" when Del Bosque gives his definite & final list. Some players will be disappointed, thats what occurs when a Football Nation like Spain is lucky & blessed to have so much current talent.