Remember, apparently Atletico de Madrid President Gil Marin basically got on his knees to plea with Real Madrid President Florentino Perez that he not sign Sergio Aguero because the former was facing a serious & "violent" "fan-base" revolt & that he was being "threatened" personally by unknowns...or that is what was said.
|Cover of Marca|
SERGIO AGUERO wanted to go to REAL MADRID, in fact the Club stimulated his desires & activated his "leave Atletico strategy", but did not calculated the fierce Atletico de Madrid back-lash & local pressures. SOLUTION? Go to England for a year or two, play for a Premier League Club which is "friendly" - Real Madrid & Manchester City have excellent relations - & then return to Spanish Football, concretely Real Madrid.
Now there exists an opportunity to think about the above option. Real Madrid forward GONZALO HIGUIAN is undergoing a "crisis" at the Club due to the lack of playing time because KARIM BENZEMA has won the forward position. This has also lead to frustrations & anxiety within the player as when given the chance to be in the starting line-up Higuain gets "blocked" & does not performance as he would wish. All this has opened the door & the idea that perhaps Gonzalo Higuain should find "greener pastures" & thus guarantee playing Football regularly & Manchester City could be the option.
Options which, according to "Marca" would be:
- straight swap between Higuain & Aguero
- straight swap between Higuain & Aguero + a sum of money
- no swap & pay around 45M€ for Aguero.
- The market price of Aguero is far greater than Higuain
- Higuain may not wish to pay at Manchester City
- Other European Clubs may come into the picture: PSG or Juventus
- Manchester City may have local fans "problems" to solve
- Atletico de Madrid may have forced a "contract clause" that DOES NOT allow Aguero
to return to Spanish Football until 2 years have passed.