My last post on Neymar made mention of the complicated situation & the "surprising comments" from Santos President Ribiero saying the player is not for sale & in fact will not go to Real Madrid. Being just a humble blogger that loves Football & wishes to "export" Spanish Football & Sports to global readers, all I can do is recap & gather all the information from local Spanish press, radio, forums, & TV & pass the info on to you. So here is the VERY LATEST!
According to Spanish radio & TV, Neymar WILL BE coming to Real Madrid. The only question in the air is if NOW or in January 2012. There is a reason & explaination that I will now go into, but let me give you the time-line of events more or less:
- Neymar has a 45M€ contract release clause under Santos
- Real Madrid has been following the youngster for months & planned to sign him originally for season 2012 - 2013, but FC Barcelona started "smelling around" because President Rosell ( great expert of Brazilian Football) "loves" the player, but Coach Guardiola does´nt due to the youngsters "extroverted" personality. Rosell believes Guardiola will leave at the end of this upcoming season & thus wished Neymar for season 2012 - 2013.
- Real Madrid finds out about the Barça moves & speeds up the operation of signing Neymar via ex-Real Madrid player , now part rep of Neymar, Ronaldo & gets the player interested
- Santos President Ribiero moths backs gives permission to ALL CLUBS to negotiate with Neymar - in there was Chelsea FC as well, amongst others...
- Real Madrid manages to get the signature of Neymar on an agreement ( pre-contract) that stipulates 6 seasons with the Spanish Club.
Hope this clears & answers some questions for the readers & e-mailers. But as I always say, stay tuned!